[tei-council] <content> vs <mixedContent>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 4 18:19:06 EDT 2014

On 4 Oct 2014, at 18:07, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> 1. we decided that all datatype declarations must be indirect, so <textNode>  has to have a content model of macro.something, for symmetry.
>
> 2. macro.something could be either macro.xText , maps to (text|model.gLike)* or (as yet nonexistent) macro.Text  which maps to text, or indeed something else we haven't thought of yet
>
> If someone thinks the TEI has decided the wrong way (for a given application) redefining the macro is not so hard.

Skating on thin ice here.  <textNode> has no "content model". What it translates into in a given schema language
is determined by the ODD processor, not by the ODD designer.  They do _not_ have control over whether
textNode is rng:text, rng:data, xsd:token, or macro.xText.

Nasty element of hidden magic here, unless we are saying exactly which XSD datatype <textMode> maps to.

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.