[tei-council] constraints on <publicationStmt>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 17:27:49 EDT 2014

This is very helpful, thanks.  What to do about the EEBO texts here, I am not sure.
Its not an error which anyone would ever notice in practice or be caught
out by, I suspect, but it is annoying to have some invalid files.

I see about 9 examples so far  (half way through running). another amusing one is
is

<publicationStmt>
                  <pubPlace>Printed at London ;</pubPlace>
                  <pubPlace>and re-printed at Glasgow : by Robert Sanders, one of his Majesties printers,</pubPlace>
                  <date>1698.</date>
               </publicationStmt>

(B03849)

my TCP to TEI conversion silently swaps the order of pubPlace and publisher
to shut the validator up. I suspect many other projects will be similarly bitten.
I am sure there was a good reason why we specified the order of elements in a metadata
section, but damned if I can remember what it was :-}

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.