[tei-council] oxygen-tei package

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Sep 19 12:17:39 EDT 2014

On 14-09-19 08:55 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:

>>> the latter, because it all depends on interaction with the main oxygen code base. we can’t diverge from them.
>> Ok, then we treat this part as a black box and simply call oxygen support when our build fails :)
>
> Call me old-fashioned, but this makes all sorts of alarm bells ring in
> my head. Our build process should not be be dependent on a commercial
> product, however wonderful!

It has to be when what we are producing is an add-on for their project.

I think a) the product is wonderful, as you say; b) we should be glad
they work so closely with us and give us such a large degree of control
over what goes into our add-on (although we have to stop them from
putting "Brown" stuff in -- that should be a separate add-on from Brown,
surely); c) it's our fault that up to now we've left it all up to
Sebastian and not kept our eye on whether it was easy to build, or what
conditions needed to be set up to build it properly.

We're going to remedy c) by making it Jenkins job that runs regularly,
so we see as soon as it breaks and we can fix it.