[tei-council] Take a quick look through the Guidelines

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 17:36:50 EDT 2014

On 09/09/14 19:52, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> Sebastian: Is this now a toggleable option on specDesc?
> no, sorry.

Actually, you may recall the introduction of $verboseSpecDesc?
Maybe we should be setting this to false for the Guidelines?

> are you saying that has appeared recently, i.e. in the last week? it _could_
> be a fallout from Syd’s changes, in that case, but I’d have expected testing to
> catch that.

No, I believe this you may have added this on the 28 March 2014:

https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets/commit/d3a2d08e7208e75b2caa183975d6c7b878278f0f

To be a bit more honest...I believe this is a side effect of you
adding this so that I could generate more verbose specDescs for
the LEAP project in the ODD I was making for them, but we didn't
turn it _off_ for the Guidelines build.
https://github.com/jamescummings/LEAP-ODD/

> does it bother you?

It is a significant change from previous releases of the
Guidelines html.  I'm just pointing out the change and noting we
shouldn't do this unless we really want to.

For a particularly dramatic example of the change look at:

http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5-Documentation/ws/Guidelines-web/en/html/HD.html#HD53

Compare this with the much more readable:
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/HD.html#HD53

Do others on Council think this is a good change? (I like the
functionality, but not sure it looks right in the Guidelines.)

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk