[tei-council] git help

Hugh Cayless philomousos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:40:09 EDT 2014

What it would do is switch the whole repo to its state at that commit,
which might be the thing to do if you wanted to have a look around rather
than examine a specific file. If you did that, your repo would be in a
"detached head" state, which is less painful than it sounds—basically,
you're not working on a branch yet, but you can create one and attach any
commits you make to it.