[tei-council] List @type musings

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 17:36:50 EDT 2014

On 06/08/14 22:14, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>>> Yeah, that's what makes me uncomfortable with a <valList> (even an
>>> open one) for @rend. After all, there are *no* other <valList>s for
>>> @rend in the Guidelines; and I suspect there never have been.
>

> If I had to vote, I’d vote to reject the @rend valList for this reason. It’s
> against practice of the last 20 years. I’d say it needs a more
> strategic discussion.

Surely we haven't done it in the last 20 years partly because we
were unable to do this kind of thing with global attributes and
have them be global in the way we were formulating them?  I'm not
saying it is a good idea...just that not having done it before
isn't a reason not to do it now.

But since Martin asks for a vote (and we should do more things by
email where we make decisions and vote) then here is a poll to
vote on:

http://doodle.com/9bxqgvrhb9kignpb#table

Five possible choices.

You have until Friday 5pm Pacific Standard Time to vote.
Otherwise we will assume that you assent with the majority at
that time.  I'll not vote unless a tie break is needed.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk