[tei-council] Guidelines build temporarily borked

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Jul 30 11:47:39 EDT 2014

On 14-07-30 08:41 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 30 Jul 2014, at 16:17, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>

>> And this suggests a broader problem. If it's not practical to override
>> the declaration of @rend at the elementSpec level, then how are people
>> going to do it in their own ODDs? Or is this somehow unique to the
>> Guidelines processing? I don't see how it could be.
>
> you’re not doing it in your ODD, you’re doing it in the source of the P5.
>
> if you’d made those changes in p5odds.odd, it would all be hunky-dory; but
> you’e doing something most people can’t do, which is affect the base TEI

I did have to make changes in p5odds.odd, of course, so the specs could
validate, but I also had to leave legacy content in there alongside a
new value. I presume we need to revisit p5odds.odd when the dust
settles. But is it really different for me to override @rend on the
elementSpec for list in list.xml, and for me to do the same thing in my
project ODD for (say) a different element? If so, why is it different?