[tei-council] Wot is wrong with my ODD?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 8 05:46:43 EDT 2014

On 7 Jun 2014, at 22:33, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:

> I must have explained it wrong. It's a mixed-content element with any of a set of subelements and/or text in between them. Surely that's what tei:p is?

yes, thats fine. its, in that case, much simpler than you thought

> I don't want them in a fixed order. I said @preserveOrder="false" -- isn't that what @preserveOrder is for?

a) @preserveOrder is only allowed on <sequence>, so your ODD is invalid anyway :-}
b) @preserveOrder is ignored in all current processing
c) Lou: whats the difference between <sequence preserveOrder=“false”>, and <alternate>? i dont think preserveOrder makes much sense

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.