[tei-council] note in sourceDesc

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 20:45:45 EDT 2014

On 12/03/14 22:22, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> With regard to Pure ODD: unless I am going mad, we have not
> yet defined a notation for how to express “p in sourcedesc has a different
> content model from other p”.  So it is not that Pure ODD isn’t implemented
> yet, it isn’t defined yet. I may be not remembering things, though.
> --

Maybe I can jog your memory.

"Suppose, however, that an XPath-valued @context attribute were
available on any of the elements
<elementRef>, <macroRef>, or <classRef> restricting its applicability.
Thus, the content model for <p> might say something like

<elementRef key="s" context="ancestor::text" minOccurs="1"/>
<macroRef key="macro.limitedContent" context="ancestor::teiHeader"/>

to indicate that a <p> within a <text> element must contain one
or more <s> elements only, whereas one within a TEI Header must
use the existing macro definition limitedContent".

(Rahtz and Burnard,  "Reviewing the TEI ODD system", 2013)