[tei-council] p5 archaeology

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 14:24:00 EDT 2014

One of the coolest things we've introduced in the last few years is the
@source attribute on <schemaSpec>, which enables one to regenerate a
schema from a specific version of TEI P5. The ODD processor in Oxygen,
for example, takes a value for @source like "tei:x.y.z" and looks for
the file p5subset.xml in the appropriate source directory at
http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5
<http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/1.2.0/xml/tei/odd/>

HOWEVER, I have just discovered that this file is missing from the
source directories prior to 1.2.0  (november 2008) i.e. from releases
1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0 :-(

Is this an oversight? It's not a disaster, obviously, but it seems a
pity that we can't go back in time before 2008. How would one go about
retrofitting a p5subset.xml?