[tei-council] XPointer rewrite

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Mar 7 09:01:27 EST 2014

And another quick question: here:

A Sequence follows the definition in the XPath 2.0 Data Model, with one
alteration. A Sequence is an ordered collection of zero or more items,
where an item is either a node or a partial text node. An an XPointer
sequence must consist of nodes, as defined above, except for the first
and last items in the sequence, which may be partial text nodes.

I don't know what a "partial text node" is, I discover. If what's
returned is an XPath sequence, wouldn't these be simply text nodes,
knowing nothing about the fact that they're pieces of a source node? Or
do they have some kind of notional relationship to their source text node?