[tei-council] Oxford Face to Face: 30 June - 3 July: Lunch question

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 12:18:01 EST 2014

On 21/02/14 15:41, Peter Stadler wrote:
> James,
>
> being new to Council please excuse some questions

>* I guess
> the next airport is London?

I would suggest flying into Heathrow, as others have said, but
avoiding terminal 4. If at Terminal 1-3 you follow the
underground walking route to the central bus station. If at
terminal 5 you walk just outside to the buses there. I always try
to go to/from terminal 5 myself.  The "Oxford Airline" coach will
take you to the last stop "Gloucester Green Bus Station" which is
a really short walk from Rewley House.  I'll put up some joining
instructions and map nearer the date, since I have them from last
time. ;-)

> * There have been some stories
> (last time) about bus transfer to/from Oxford. Could someone
> who already did this journey give some hints about what route
> to take and how much time it will take?

As above, takes about 90 minutes depending on time of day.

 >* What time on
> Wednesday evening could we leave?

Wednesday after lunch we'll try to schedule the potentially less
urgent and important things, and mop up anything we've put to one
side during discussions. So potentially people could leave at
lunchtime on that day if they really really need to (but then
don't get a voice in those issues).

> Concerning lunch: no dietary restrictions from my side and I
> will take whatever the old chaps think is good for me ;-)

Less of the 'old' thank you very much!

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk