[tei-council] Oxford Face to Face: 30 June - 3 July: Lunch question

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 10:58:10 EST 2014

Just in case you are tempted -- think twice before flying into any
London airport other than Heathrow if you're planning to visit Oxford!
The other London airports (Gatwick, Luton, Stansted etc) are all on the
other side of the Great Wen from here, and thus involve you in HOURS of
bus travel, or complicated train routes.

FWIW, there *is* a train from Gatwick to Oxford (via Reading) -- but it
takes 2.5 hours in all. There is also a bus which takes over 3 hours!