[tei-council] http://www.tei-c.org/oxgarage java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Feb 17 09:33:21 EST 2014

I don't have full sysadmin rights on the new server. Plus I'm trying to
transition away from such things on the new platform.

IMO, there should be someone on TEI Council with root privileges on the server,
for redundancy in case Ian is unavailable. That is something that should
probably be discussed on the tei-board-council list, because there are security
implications and all of the responsible parties would need to agree. (Possibly
ADHO would need to agree as well; John U. should know.)

David

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, James Cummings wrote:

> On 17/02/14 13:31, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> we haven’t solved the base problem yet, that we can’t even log in and reboot OxGarage
>
> Ah. Ian/DavidS: Have you done a reboot of the machine? (perhaps
> filesystem mounted read-only?)
>
> -James

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA