[tei-council] Update of oXygen-ready distribution

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 23 14:06:54 EST 2014

On 23 Jan 2014, at 18:59, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:

> No, I'm glad I asked because now this is documented on TEI-Council and when it goes mysteriously wrong at some point in the future one of us might be able to figure out the problem.
>
> But holy #^$%. No wonder things go wrong.

trouble is that we built up things _ad hoc_ on the older server with symlinks, and then the whole
precarious edifice was transferred to Germany without any analysis of how to simplify it
(since the target was just getting things working).

if anyone feels strong one of these days, its possible to (carefully) remove some
of these layers of symlinking. That’s what James and I did on Monday, when
we found that the precarious edifice had been damaged on transit and turned
into something designed by Escher.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.