[tei-council] gearing up for release 2.6.0

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Jan 19 13:56:32 EST 2014

I've been trying to figure out what actual changes should be made to
tcw22 based on these discussions, and I've made a couple of changes, but
I think what we have now is pretty much correct:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml>

Could those of you who know anything about this take a look? The only
remaining points of disagreement seem to be:

  - In "What you will need before you start", the original instructions,
step 7, suggest that you must copy the tei user's ssh key to the SF
server so that when logged in to tei-c as tei, you can upload the
release to the SourceForge server (as your sf user). Sebastian has
suggested that the key setup is not necessary, and that you can simply
provide your SF credentials when prompted. Is this true for regular
users, or is it only true for admins on the SF site (such as Sebastian
or me)?

  - Peter proposes below that item 2 (turn on shell access on SF) should
be combined with items 3 and 7. I don't actually agree with this,
because item 2 needs to be done by one of the SF admins, so you have to
wait for him/her to complete it before you can do item 7; while item 3
requires action by the tei-c sysadmin. Therefore I haven't changed those
steps so far, but I'm happy to do so if people do think they should be
treated as a single step.

  - Peter suggests adding this:

Test it by trying to log in via ‚ssh
sfuser,tei at frs.sourceforge.net‘ *from* the tei server. That should
*not* prompt for a password while echoing „Welcome! This is a
restricted Shell Account. You can only copy files to/from here.“ *

I think that should be added as the final step in "What you will
need...". Does everyone agree?