[tei-council] Release changelog

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Fri Jan 10 08:42:53 EST 2014

James tasked me to go through P5/ReleaseNotes/ChangeLog in order to beef up the release notes at P5/ReleaseNotes/readme-2.6.0.xml
Since I have not been involved in council work for the relevant period I do find it a little hard to just guess by the commit messages on how important this particular change was. So, I turned the (relevant period of the) changelog into a spreadsheet (world writable) at [1] and my idea is that everyone can just flag his/her commits she/he thinks are important.
What do you think? Totally nonsense?

Second, I think the issue comes up during every release preparation and I wonder whether it might be good practice to add some special keywords (e.g [ignore], [fix], [important]) to the commit messages already to facilitate the task of creating a meaningful changelog? In fact, I think there are tools that will do that for you but I have not much expertise in this field.

Best
Peter

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkN0Bwd13zYgdHFPUlB2enRKQk50U08zZzZ0LXplMlE&usp=sharing