[tei-council] VOTE ON DEPRECATION WORDING (was "Re: Next TEI-C Guidelines Release (presumably 2.6.0)")

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Tue Jan 7 23:03:41 EST 2014

> > [xslt] WARNING: use of deprecated attribute ― The TEI-C may drop
> > support for @type of the biblScope element as early as 2014-12-17.

SR> Which reminds me that I (still) don't like the vague wording of this.

OK folks, time to stand up and be counted. We've had 4 alternate
suggestions for the wording of the "you used a deprecated doohicky"
message. Please vote for one, or put them in your preference order, or
(ack!) suggest another wording ASAP.

a. The TEI-C may drop support for relationGrp element as early as
   2014-06-17

b. The TEI-C will drop support for the relationGrp element after
   2014-06-17

c. The relationGrp element will be removed from TEI source code on
   2014-06-17, and will not be available in any P5 releases after
   that date.

d. The relationGrp element will be removed from the TEI on 2014-06-17

Note: the value of validUntil= does not have to be a complete date. If
it is precise only to the month, we'd replace "on DATE" with "in
DATE". Perhaps even convert 2014-06 to "June 2014".