[tei-council] Next TEI-C Guidelines Release (presumably 2.6.0)

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Jan 7 15:04:09 EST 2014

On 14-01-07 11:32 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 7 Jan 2014, at 18:19, James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> So, is it consensus that we stay in an 'unstable' state with
>> regard to the schematron warnings?
>
> reluctantly, yes, I think it is the least worst thing right now. all the other solutions involve
> tinkering with scripts or making the examples not real XML, and they have more
> chance of going wrong.
>
> don’t forget, Martin, that add extra Warnings that appear will duly cause
> the build to fail, as the ValidatorLog.xml file will change. So we are
> protected from one class of problem - though not from other types of warning.

True indeed. But the more I think about it, the more I rather like the
idea that the Jenkins log parser file might be a locus for managing our
deprecation warnings. It's in SVN so anyone could edit it, and could add
a preliminary step to all the P5 builds that just exported the latest
version into /var/lib/jenkins before building.