[tei-council] Next TEI-C Guidelines Release (presumably 2.6.0)

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 08:16:25 EST 2014

On 07/01/14 12:50, Peter Stadler wrote:
> Yes, sure, I’m still willing but I would in no way be
> disappointed if anyone else did the job. I’d really like to
> leave the decision to those who are more experienced with
> council work. If you prefer fresh eyes (and are willing to
> support during the process) I can give it a try, if you think
> it’s better to have someone more familiar with all the tool
> boxes it’s ok for me as well!

Hi Peter (and Council),

Don't worry, I don't think you are stepping on Syd's toe's too
much, he can do it next time, and I think there are real benefits
to having you do it.  (Fresh eyes certainly, but also expanding
the circle of people who have done it and so have experience in
doing so.)

Can you be free on Monday 20 January? (The originally suggested
date) We will need to change some of the steps in
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml since
the way you log into the server has changed. But please do sit
down and read it.  Take note of the steps and ask about any you
don't understand.

According to our schedule we are currently in the 'repository
chill'. This means we should not be doing any new
implementations, but updates to prose, etc. are allowed. This
also means that I will be announcing the pending release to TEI-L
soon. I've changed the version number to 2.6.0beta as of revision
12749.

  *Before I announce this what needs to be done to make the
P5-test job stable?* We should do that first.

== original schedule ==

    6 January 2014: Deadline for all major work being done for
2.6.0alpha;Version number changed to 2.6.0beta; Beta period
announced to TEI-L community

   6 - 13 January: Repository Chill -- no new implementations,
updates to prose and uncontroversial bug fixes are still allowed.
   Council Proofreading all new material. Trivial corrections from
   TEI Community allowed.

   13 - 18 January: Repository Freeze -- Council proofreads & test
   all outputs; no changes allowed except with permission of
   technical council and release technician.

   20 January: Possible release date.