[tei-council] FR 474

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 16:36:43 EST 2014

I added an example to @ref on att.canonical for FR 474 as
actioned at the last F2F. However, see my latest comment on:

https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/474/#b44c

There is a remark following the definition of @ref that says:
===
The value must point directly to one or more XML elements by
means of one or more URIs, separated by whitespace. If more than
one is supplied, the implication is that the name identifies
several distinct entities.
===

I would suggest that saying it 'must point directly to one or
more XML elements' is incorrect and goes against other examples
in the Guidelines (e.g. we use persName/@ref to point to wikipedia).

If anyone has some suggested rephrasings of this remark, I'd
appreciate it if they added them to the ticket.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk