[tei-council] Further purification

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Jan 5 12:57:59 EST 2014

On 14-01-05 06:58 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2014, at 23:14, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>> I've been thinking that all attributes ought to be obtained through
>> classes.
>
> as a long-term plan, i agree its arguably desirable to have no directly-attached attributes,
> but I am not sure its practical at the moment.

We do seem to be looking at a host of fairly major suggested changes to
ODD and ODD processing at the moment, so perhaps we need a little
working group to come up with a full-scale proposal. Once the
text-direction stuff is off my table, I'd be happy to get involved with
that; I'm supposed to be doing various documentation enhancements to our
page on getting started with ODDs, and it would be good to write a
complete revision of that page as part of a larger process to improve
the overall system.

I think this would be a major simplification, actually, don't you?
@idents could be prefaced with the class name and thus be globally (in
the world of P5) unique.