[tei-council] Stylesheets release, and how to make releases on new server

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 5 12:51:30 EST 2014

I just went through the process of making a Stylesheets release, in order to fix a high profile bug
reported on Saturday (if you used the @prefix on schemaSpec and made a DTD, it was a mess).

i mention this ‘cos:

  a) it demonstrates that the install script seems to run fine so far on the new TEI web server[1]
  b) I really don’t want to change stylesheets again before the P5 release in a week or two unless its really essential

so if there were or are things that people are working on for their open tickets which
will need changes to the ODD processing, can they flag them up ASAP?

[1] however, the setup is not what we document. I just made a copy of the
script and ran it in /tmp, but that’s not very sustainable. So I have checked out
P5 in ~tei/private/P5, which means that what the release technician will do is:

   * ssh tei at www.tei-c.org
   * cd private/P5
   * svn up
   * Utilities/tei-install.sh —package=TEIP5 —version=2.6.0   # vel sim

the install of TEIP5 is untested as yet, of course, as is the step of rebuilding the
eXist database for Roma.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services