[tei-council] Further purification

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 4 17:56:48 EST 2014

Thinking about pure ODD, it occurs to me that it would be very useful if
one could treat <classRef>s in the same way as <moduleRef>s -- i.e. by
adding the attributes @include and @exclude to <classRef> it would be
possible inside an elementSpec to do things like

(a) <classRef key="att.global" except="att.linking"/>

as a short way of suppressing a bunch of attributes

or

(b) <classRef key="att.linking" include="next prev corresp"/>

as a neat way of saying which attributes I do want.

Similarly, for model classes, it would be really nice to be able to say
inside a content model something like

(c)  <classRef key="model.choiceLike" except="seg"/>

which would not interfere with seg appearing elsewhere in a content
model, but would suppress it from inside <choice> in a tidy way.

Anyone object to my adding these two attributes as part of the pure ODD
work?