[tei-council] TD exemplifications

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 4 10:08:43 EST 2014

On 4 Jan 2014, at 14:35, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm making a pass through TD checking that what it says about ODD is
> still in line with our current practice, and have stumbled across the
> following old chestnut. How do you include an example of an example
> (using <egXML>) ?

I never found a way, other than using literal characters &lt; and &gt; instead
of real markup. Which is what CDATA does, of course. Why do you want
to remove it? you could move it to just outside the egXML if you like.

if you can find a way to make egXML work inside egXML,
I am interested. Shouldn’t mean more than 6 or 7 hours work
for an XSL expert[1] on the stylesheets with a wet tool round the head :-}

[1] such as Jeni Tennison  *OBE* [2], ooer gosh so they give medels to gurls now…[3]

[2] for those members of the Council who don’t get this, Jeni Tennison
is a very bright light indeed in the XML, XSL, RDF and LOD worlds, and
was honoured at Christmas with a nice award, the Order of the British Empire -
yes, well, sorry about that, but its what they give to people who do good. and others,

[3] this is one of those Molesworth things James warns about periodically[4]

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services