[tei-council] suggest you restore visible authorship info for A Gentle Introduction to XML" (fwd)

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 1 19:53:05 EST 2014

As this topic comes up quite frequently, maybe we should consider adding
a robust statement along the following lines somewhere in the front matter

"Authorship of the Guidelines

The text of these Guidelines is maintained and regularly updated by the
TEI Technical Council in response to suggestions and criticisms received
from the TEI community. Large parts of the text were originally provided
by other contributors, individually or more usually as members of
specific working groups, and then revised for publication in earlier
versions of the work by the original TEI editors CM Sperberg-McQueen and
Lou Burnard. Since the production of P5 in 2012 however, it is the
Council which retains intellectual responsibility for all textual
content, and is thus the only author that should be cited for the
Guidelines. The Council acknowledges with pleasure the contributions
made to the development of the Guidelines by all those individuals
listed in Appendix G."

I really don't want to go through the text saying who was responsible
for authoring which bit (and you probably don't want me to anyway)