[tei-council] on deprecation doc (was "Re: build failure")

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Jan 1 12:13:17 EST 2014

On 12/31/13 2:00 PM, Syd Bauman wrote:
> But more importantly (and this is aimed mostly at Kevin, I guess),
> the procedure outlined in the 2nd bulleted list item under
> "Deprecated" in
> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw27.xml is simply
> wrong. We don't add a Schematron rule to the spec. All we do is add
> @validUntil to the spec. The build process automatically generates
> the Schematron rule by looking at @validUntil.

Ah, that makes sense.  I've just removed that step in the document.

For your and everyone's reference, most pages on www.tei-org are
rendered in HTML on the fly based on XSLT that transforms from TEI
source.  You can access the TEI source of any of these pages by clicking
"XML View" at the bottom of the webpage.

A few of us (James, Martin H., David Sewell, I, and possibly others)
currently have access to the CMS that drives the website, allowing us to
put up new versions of pages.  I've never heard of a policy governing
who can have access, and I think that if you and/or others are
interested in being able to step in, you are welcome to join the club,
though I don't mind making changes for people -- whether by sending a
revised TEI file, a word-processor document with changes tracked, or a
list of changes to make -- by emailing me directly once I'm removed from
tei-council.

I'm unclear on who administers access to the CMS: I think it was David
Sewell who first taught me how to work with it.

--Kevin