[tei-council] on deprecation doc (was "Re: build failure")

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 31 14:22:03 EST 2013

> I'm also in favor of adding valid=false to the <egXML> at the time
> validUntil= is added to the <elementSpec>, rather than deleting
> examples from the tagdoc. (4th bulleted list item.) I notice this is
> what was done for <relationGrp>.

Why do you like this? The only effect is to mark the example as invalid in the formatted guidelines, when it isn't; and stops any validation at all of the rest of the example.  It doesn't help users in their own workflow, and doesn't stop the example and it's contents being indexed by google etc.

Sebastian