[tei-council] FR 481 (was "Re: working with translation")

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Mon Dec 30 18:45:49 EST 2013

me> In any case, I see yall have already figured out we need
me> @versionDate on the canonical (English) version. I'll submit a
me> ticket for myself to add a Schematron check that if *anY* <desc>
me> (etc.) has a @versionDate, then all its sibling <desc>s do too.

SR> I have just added a Schematron check that simply insists on
SR> versionDate and xml:lang for all desc/gloss/remark in *Spec

Took me awhile to find *where* you added this check. It's in
P5/p5odds.odd, which (I presume) is used to generate a schema against
which P5 is tested in the build process.

Seems to me this means the requirement expressed in FR 481 has been
implimented. I'm going to tweak the Schematron code itself a bit
(which will generate ugly messages for, say, an <attDef>), but other
than that I think we're done, here.

That said, it is worth noting that we've summarily ignored the
<exemplum>s in all this; about which, see my next post.