[tei-council] Re : build failure

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 26 16:26:38 EST 2013

On 26/12/13 17:15, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> So where do we stand on marking examples as invalid? Does our policy
> in tcw27 that "Any examples of the deprecated practice are removed
> from the Guidelines, and any prose recommending them is reworded as
> appropriate" still stand? --Kevin

This is a bit unclear, I think. Our policy should indeed be that all
examples and recommendations involving deprecated practice are removed
from the Guidelines at the time of deprecation, with the exception of
discussions or examples located within those parts of the Guidelines
providing reference documentation for them, for example the reference
documentation for an element specification which has been deprecated.
Such documentation should be modified to indicate that the element (etc)
concerned is now deprecated and to give guidance on what is now
recommended practice, but examples of old practice should be retained
until the element (etc) is actually removed from the Guidelines.