[tei-council] Bug 506: examples for @corresp

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Dec 22 10:36:53 EST 2013

I have aanother suggestion, adapted from the Map of Early Modern London
project:

[In a placeography]

<place xml:id="LOND1" corresp="#LOND6 #GENI2">
   <placeName>London</placeName>
   <desc>The city of London...</desc>
</place>

[In a literary personography]

<person xml:id="LOND6" corresp="#LOND6 #GENI2">
   <persName type="lit">London</persName>
   <note>
target="LOND5.xml">London</ref>.
   </note>
</person>

<person xml:id="GENI2"" corresp="#LOND1 #GENI2">
     <persName type="lit">London’s Genius</persName>
     <note>
allegorical character in mayoral shows.
     </note>
</person>

It's impossible to argue that an allegorical character representing the
city of London, or a personification of its "genius", is interchangeable
with the physical city itself, and yet they "correspond in some way".
How does this look?