[tei-council] valDescs

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Dec 21 18:45:58 EST 2013

As first mooted in, er January 2013, I have now finished checking (i.e.
removing) all valDesc elements. A few contradicted the associated
datatype, but most of them added nothing to what was already stated by
it. A small number provided additional information which I have
transferred to either  the <desc> or a <remarks> element. I took the
opportunity also of making the phrasing of descs consistent where these
were being modified and noted a few potential attribute classes in
passing. I did not find any valDescs which would be better expressed as
additional schematron rules (largely because I think Sebastian got all
those some time ago).

Onward and upward! The equinox is upon us.