[tei-council] Bug 506: examples for @corresp

Hugh Cayless philomousos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 13:59:06 EST 2013

I think there’s more than one type of note. There’s the additional explanatory text, anchored at some point in the body of the main text (e.g. foot- or endnotes), and I agree there’s not really a correspondence relation for those. But there are also notes that are annotations—that explicitly attach to and add information about something (probably in a TEI context something that’s already tagged, like a persName), and for these I think there *is* a correspondence. <note> is used interchangeably for these, to add to the confusion.

A gloss might indeed be a less ambiguous example.