[tei-council] build failure

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Fri Dec 13 10:03:19 EST 2013

On 12/13/2013 8:31 AM, Syd Bauman wrote:
>> so the warnings in ValidatorLog.xml are not intended?
>> (there seem to be many versions of the same message, by the way)
>
> No, intended, in some sense of the word. (I.e., it is a different
> ticket item to take care of these warnings, and we may want to do so
> ASAP or we may want to do so closer to deprecation-death date.) And,
> as you've gathered by now, a warning is flagged every time a
> deprecated feature is used in an example.

Right, as in the other thread, these deprecated practices have been
hanging around the Guidelines, and we only now noticed them now that Syd
has implemented this check.

>> by the way, the wording "The TEI-C may drop support for the
>> relationGrp element as early as 2014-06-17” seems a bit odd. why
>> the vagueness? why not "The TEI-C will drop support for the
>> relationGrp element after 2014-06-17"
>
> Good question. I thought we were trying to be vague :-) What wording
> would people like? (In retrospect, since we don't have multilingual
> error message support (yet), it should be as simple as reasonable.)

Our practice in
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw27.xml is to remove
the practice after the date in @validUntil, but the public won't really
see it till the following release.  Syd's wording is cumbersome though
implies that we won't remove it the day after, but I agree that
Sebastian's is clearer.

--Kevin