[tei-council] build failure

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 13 04:02:19 EST 2013

On 13 Dec 2013, at 03:04, Syd Bauman <s.bauman at neu.edu> wrote:

> I just checked-in changes to Stylesheets (in gitHub) and to P5. The
> latter failed to build on Jenkins, I think because it is not using the
> changes of the former.

so the warnings in ValidatorLog.xml are not intended?
(there seem to be many versions of the same message, by the way)

by the way, the wording
"The TEI-C may drop support for the relationGrp element as early as 2014-06-17”
seems a bit odd. why the vagueness? why not
"The TEI-C will drop support for the relationGrp element after 2014-06-17"

> The former failed to build on Jenkins, and I
> have no idea why. (It fails to validate test.epub, which has nothing
> to do with the change I made, which was to extract-isosch.xsl.)

thats my problem, I was working on document authors last night
and had not resolved the epub problem

> I also can't get P5 to build on my Ubuntu desktop; but it does build
> on my Mac laptop. This is weird, because it dies on trying to generate
> PDF with xetex, which is installed in Ubuntu but (as far as I
> remember) not on my Mac. This is frustrating, because I don't care
> about the PDF version, I just want to check for errors and have an
> HTML version of the Guidelines.

right, which is what the default Makefile  target does. why are you getting
involved in PDF building?

Sebastian