[tei-council] Release guidelines

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 08:29:45 EST 2013

On 12/12/13 13:24, Martin Holmes wrote:
> The only side-effect I can think of is that people may move the files
> relative to the schema, and lose the schema link. I wonder what Oxygen
> would default to doing then?

On their own head be it. oXygen would try to look where the
schema was supposed to be and raise an error, entirely sensibly.
If someone deleted the xml-model then it would fall back to the
TEI framework and try to use tei_all which would complain you
weren't starting the file with a TEI element.

> I don't think this was an error in the source or the content; it was a
> tiny bug in the release process itself.

As Sebastian said as well. If we were better at forking,
branching, merging, etc. then perhaps we would make more interim
releases when absolutely anything changed. But while we want to
make more releases generally, and make them more smoothly, I
don't think we want to do them every week or anything.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk