[tei-council] Release guidelines

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 06:40:45 EST 2013

On 11/12/13 14:53, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2013, at 13:41, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the clarification. I have to admit I actually never(?)
>>> use(d) the Vault. So, this is a simple copy of the Sourceforge
>>> repository which is created by hand by the webmaster? (the process is
>>> not mentioned in the build instructions at
>>> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml …)
>>
>> I think this happens as part of step 7, due to the magic of the
>> tei-install.sh script.
>
> the old versions are not copies of the Sourceforge repo, but
> copies of the compiled distribution package. Far from the same thing...

Yes, they are a mirror of the release, which then enables people
to compare versions and always link to their preferred version of
P5. (i.e. so their ODD can always be pointing at the Guidelines
source for the version they choose to use, and they can look at
its Guidelines/reference pages/etc.)
http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/ also always has a 'current'
symlink which points to the latest version. The main release on
the website really is just an webserver redirect to this location
(so the release really is always coming from the Vault).

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk