[tei-council] specDesc spec vs. reality

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 8 17:43:25 EST 2013

There are two different issues here.

a) should the attributes to be displayed for a <specDesc> be only those
specified by @atts, or all those available?

b) should inherited attribuites be treated differently from
locally-defined ones? i.e. can @atts request display of an inherited
attribute?

I agree that removing the <remarks> concerning (a) is easy and probably
advisable.

Regarding (b) I don't think requesting an inherited attribute should be
regarded as an error. We don't make that distinction elsewhere (e.g. I
can modify an inherited attribute in a elementSpec) and it is certainly
not the way I remember things being done before.

I have an open mind on displaying valLists: how would that be switched
on or off?