[tei-council] specDesc spec vs. reality

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 8 17:34:55 EST 2013

My recollection of this feature is that it was only ever intended to deal with
attributes defined locally; but if it was to be extended to cover class attributes too
I’d not protest.  What would bother me would be if the default was to show
all attributes from any source, as that would be so verbose as to be off-putting.

> Similarly, the <remarks> on the element itself say hopefully
>
> "The description is usually displayed as a label and an item, with any
> list of values defined
> for the attribute as an embedded glossary list,"
>
> which is not currently the case: no list of values appears for
> attributes specified on @atts, nor am I sure how you'd get one. (They
> appear in the reference doc if a <valList> is supplied, but not sfaik
> otherwise)

I am not sure I’d have expected to see that valList in the summary anyway,
but it would certainly be possible to implement it if needed.

the easiest thing to do would be to remove the <remarks>, I must say :-}
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services