[tei-council] tei/oxygen framework

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Nov 25 13:07:04 EST 2013

On 13-11-25 09:53 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 25 Nov 2013, at 17:51, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>
>> If I go to Help / Manage Add-ons, I see TEI P5 version 2.3, and I also
>> get an error that says this:
>>
>> System ID: http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/updateSite.oxygen
>> Severity: error
>>

> sounds like you have old remnants
>
> ii suggest you wipe out all add ons and start from scratch

Yes, I had
~/.com.oxygenxml/extensions/v15.1/frameworks/http___tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk_updateSite.oxygen

Once the TEI framework was associated with that (now defunct) URL, it
was unable to update itself, and I couldn't find a way in the GUI to
replace the URL with the correct one. I had to nuke the whole folder and
start again.

All of which suggests we should never change the URL at which the
updateSite.oxygen extension file is provided, otherwise we'll strand
everyone on an old version.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)