[tei-council] Terminal 4

Paul Schaffner PFSchaffner at umich.edu
Mon Nov 18 11:33:06 EST 2013

Just for future reference, to get to LHR Terminal Four via the Oxford
"Airline" bus (which drops you at Terminal 5), the quickest way is to
go directly to the lift opposite the dropoff point, take it down to
Level 0 (zero), find bus stand 7, and take either the 482 Southall bus
or the 490 Richmond bus to Terminal 4. They run frequently, and are
free if being used as an interterminal shuttle.

I only mention this because information on the ground is either
completely lacking (at Terminal 5 itself), incomplete (as given by the
clearly novice driver), or incorrect (as given by the Oxford Bus Company
instructions posted at Gloucester Green -- which say to go stand 8,
which is wrong, and don't say where stand 8 is, in any case, i.e.
five floors below where you arrive).

pfs

ps For those interested, my modified suitcase (modified with six little
blocks cut from Thames-marinated fence picket) functioned adequately
and seemingly passed muster with security. However, the marinade in
riverine mud was potent enough to leave the entire suitcase a
noticeably redolent of ... well, stagnant swamp water.

--
Paul Schaffner  Digital Library Production Service
PFSchaffner at umich.edu | http://www.umich.edu/~pfs/