[tei-council] f2f agenda (was Re: November Face to Face: evening meals)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 06:47:32 EDT 2013

On 31 Oct 2013, at 00:13, James Cummings <james.cummings at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Council_agenda_2013-11
>
> You'll also note that I've put in a skeleton schedule that
> alternates between general discussion sessions where you should
> put topics (I've not moved any of the ones from the bottom of the
> page yet) and SourceForge Tickets sessions.

Are you suggesting we add topics to the end, and you will spread them out
across the available slots; or are you suggesting we edit the slots and add
yet more topics?

I think you need to triage the ones at the bottom to assign a length of time to each,
and then apportion them across the days. I suspect we already have more
topics than time, so you may well need to attach indicators of importance to topics.

We also need a triage of the outstanding SF tickets, and tagging their status.
A quick glance through suggests that there are a not a few quite general ones in there
(eg "Need for consistency in terminology relating to TEI conformance”)
which we could spend a lot of time just wondering about; and some which are really
just one of us making reminder notes (e.g. "Need for some way to test the oxygen-tei
package before release”). These are perfectly valid issues, but not at the same point
on the resolvability scale as (e.g.) "<num> not a part of att.segLike (and thus of att.fragmentable)”.
I’d volunteer to do the triaging myself, but them i18n efforts in the last few days have put me
way behind in real work.

It would obviously be helpful if everyone scanned the tickets for ones in which
they have a particular hand and tried to sort them out one way or another.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services