[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

Brett Barney bbarney2 at unl.edu
Wed Oct 30 22:53:15 EDT 2013

Well it certainly is a surprisingly lively thread, isn't it?

I don't have a horse in the race, really, but I am a bit surprised that anyone would advocate "open voting" systems on the grounds that they promote harmony. They might tend to promote toing of the party line, but that's faux harmony at best, I'd say. Nor, I think, does privacy = secrecy. One way to read the Snowden story is that the man was exposing a secret government program to invade privacy. Allowing individuals privacy is not the same as allowing powers-that-be to operate in secret.

And yes, James, if when the dust settles someone needs to set up the opavote thingy I'm still willing.