[tei-council] Permissions for use of images. Was: Drafts of new Guidelines sections

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Oct 22 06:41:45 EDT 2013

It occurs to me that rather than use

imagefilename.zip

for the permissions, we might use

imagefilename.permissions.ext

where ".ext" is a file extension for the format of the permissions
document, whether .txt, .tei, .pdf, .jpg (a scanned image of a
document), etc.  Including "permissions" in the filename would make this
self-documenting.

Still, it would be good to mention in tcw20 because people editing are
more likely to see this reminder here than happen to notice other
imagefilename.permissions.ext files in the same directory as the one
they're working on.

K.