[tei-council] Consistency in hyphenation

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 22 04:35:39 EDT 2013

On 22/06/13 06:50, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in a pedantic mood, and I'm noticing that some chapters have the
> attributive adjectival phrase:
>
> 	any TEI-conformant text
>
> while others have no hyphen:
>
> 	a TEI conformant document
>
> I believe we should be consistent, and the hyphenated form is better for
> attributive contexts (not necessarily for predicative). So I propose to
> add hyphens in these contextsor r

we should certainly be consistent : i think the difference between
contexts is less important. Would we hyphenate eg "TEI conformance (is a
good thing)" too? my feeling is no.

I see you've also managed to find and fix numerous typos which have been
lurking undetected in MS for an embarassingly long time.... chapeau! as
we say en france