[tei-council] listRelation membership in model.biblLike

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 14 11:57:36 EDT 2013

On 14 Jun 2013, at 16:44, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> On 14/06/13 16:19, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> I think that goes beyond corrigibility :-} I'd say all those things should be extracted into /TEI/linkedData, mind
>
> One of these days, you must explain what exactly you mean by "/TEI/linkedData" and how it works in the TEI architecture.

it is the proposal made several times that we should have a new sibling of text, sourceDoc, teiHeader and facsimile,
which is intended solely as a container for standoff markup and for e.g. <listPerson>. Possibly related to
http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/453/

to rehearse the well-known arguments

   a) well, obviously. its just what we need to tell people to use in real-life applications
   b) whats wrong with model.global.meta and putting it wherever you feel like
   c) it should go somewhere inside the header

etc etc.

people who say
   d) but why can't it just go in <back>
obviously need to be sent for Correction

people who say
   e) whats wrong with the current mishmash of loads of different ways of doing it, lets a thousand flowers bloom, the TEI was never intended for interoperability anyway
should remember that Captain Beefheart is no long with us

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services