[tei-council] Next Release: 2.4.0

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 14 04:46:06 EDT 2013

Hi all,

As you know we have a release timetabled tentatively for the 4
July 2013. Syd, as our release technician, is still waiting on
scheduling information but it should be within a day or so of
that. I'm assuming this should be release 2.4.0.

At the last release and at various other times we have proposed
having a longer break between the date at which we freeze changes
to the repository and the release date and use that time to
proofread the changes since the last release.

With that in mind I propose from:

20 June: repository chill: stop implementing anything new;
changes to prose still allowed; uncontroversial bug fixes still
allowed. Start proofreading all changes made since last release.

27 June: repository freeze: continue proofreading all outputs; no
more stylesheets changes, no Sebastian, stop; changes only if you
notify council of any problems and get at least another couple
council members to agree it is release-blocking and must be changed.

2 July: repository absolute zero: no changes, no, stop, no, no no no.

4 July (hopefully): release day.

That isn't as rigorous as we could be, but seems like an
improvement.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk