[tei-council] Schematron constraint on <app>

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 11 12:08:33 EDT 2013

I have to say, though, my opinion on that example isn't worth a hill of
beans. I don't *do* Lachmannian apparatus criticus at all (hence my
engagement with the apparatus tickets is mostly to keep arguing that we
not restrict the app tag to manuscript variants...)

I'd suggest running this past someone like Marjorie, who *does* have
strong opinions about apparatus. :-)

On 2013-06-11 17:05, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 11 Jun 2013, at 16:53, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
>   wrote:
>> He'd be the best person to confirm whether the example with multiple
>> <rdg>s, each with its own <lem>, makes sense. But since the example has
>> been there for ages, so we've been encouraging people to do things that
>> way, I think we should probably remove the Schematron constraint.
>>

> that would get us past the current block; but since Gabby doesn't
> like the example either, we could equally well comment-out the example!
>

> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research) of Academic IT
> University of Oxford IT Services