[tei-council] Planning next face2face meeting

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 10 15:08:48 EDT 2013

> 1) Do you have a strong preference for Oxford or Ann Arbor; I'm
> assuming Oxford is better choice this time and seems fairer on
> this year's elected Americans (in getting a trip to the UK).

depends if you think of transatlantic travel as a treat :-}

I vote for Oxford, cos we have better biscuits (http://www.tunnock.co.uk/products/teacakes.aspx next time, Brett).
I can also volunteer to repeat (albeit not equal) Eli's fine idea of dinner
at home for the masses.

> 2) Do you have a strong preference for timing? I'm leaning to
> mid-November myself

ditto. mainly cos of the MM in Rome, I want a gap between things

> 3) Our last face2face meeting in Oxford was partly at Wolfson
> College; were those who attended that ok with that as a meeting
> venue?

i would note that they just opened a new venue, a lecture theatre with
meeting rooms attached. might do nicely.

no punting in November tho, sozza.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services