[tei-council] errors in rendering of TEI Guidelines examples in PH

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue May 21 11:16:03 EDT 2013

On 13-05-20 06:35 AM, David Sewell wrote:
> Along with the tagging issues, would there be any advantage to modifying the CSS
> so that long eg/egXML examples use white-space:pre-wrap instead of
> white-space:pre? That way extra-long single lines won't expand beyond the
> boundaries of the div box.

That might be worth experimenting with.

> On the other hand, if whitespace in the example XML is semantically significant,
> adding linebreaks isn't good. So I assume that as an editorial matter, we try to
> keep line length inside the egXML samples at a reasonable length so that lines
> will display properly?

That's exactly what we do at the moment. It's a bit hacky, but for any
given example, the ideal in terms of spacing and wrapping may be
different. I usually end up tweaking my examples once or twice once I
see what the stylesheets do with them.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)